Web Site Accessibility
The School Board of Highlands County, Florida and Fred Wild Elementary are committed to ensuring that our web site is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact the school Webmaster, as we are continually working to improve the experience for all of our visitors.
- SHBC is actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website conforming to WCAG 2.0 Level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities.
- We use online compliance checkers to validate our work.
- Navigation is consistent throughout the entire site
- The navigation menu is found at the top of each page and uses drop-downs to navigate to sub-pages
- Users can change the font size using browser or keyboard commands
- We use limited decorative-only images
- All images have available Alt (alternative) text descriptions
- All content is available through text, so the experience is unchanged if images "off" is enabled