School business partnerships exists to promote and sustain quality partnerships between the academic and business/professional community. Commitment can range from an individual to a whole organization.
The ways to become involved are endless, stimulating your creativity and willingness to become pro-actively involved in the future of Highlands County through its students. Some ideas for participation are as follows:
- Act as mentors or tutors for any subject and any grade level;
- Assist with the Back to School open house;
- Sponsor the End of the Year programs in May/June;
- Assist with student or staff/faculty recognition;
- Make class presentations on special subjects/projects;
- Help prepare for or judge the Science Fair or other special projects;
- Display student art work and other student achievements;
- Give assistance with field trips;
- Commit at least one hour per week for your employees to come into school on a pre-arranged basis, to help on pre-assigned topics, e.g. reading to younger students;
- Provide speakers on topics such as solving problems that occur at work, skills necessary to be successful in this particular business;
- Offer field trips to your business and allow students to shadow employees in order to get a sense of the job, what requirements jobs have in common, etc.;
- Participate in the School Advisory Council (SAC).